A leading healthcare insurance provider in the US sought to leverage cloud infrastructure to optimize its portfolio while driving resource and cost efficiencies. To mature into a Platform as a Service (PaaS) provider, the client needed a hybrid cloud strategy and a hybrid cloud environment with automated deployments and workload brokering for all of its affiliates.
Trianz built cloud reference architecture and a roadmap for scaled maturity growth in infrastructure, platform provisioning, orchestration and operations. To ensure the roadmap was aligned with the client’s themes and core objectives, we first identified the short-term tactical wins and the long-term strategic objectives through an in-depth assessment. From there, Trianz further helped define the automation goals, organization change management needs, skills gaps, and training required to enable transformation.
The Business Challenge
The client was transitioning to more centralized hybrid cloud architecture, requiring changes to platforms, processes, and organizational decision-making. A scalable and flexible shared services platform was needed—one that leveraged hybrid cloud and automation tools to seamlessly orchestrate transactions across affiliates, and provide a single window of service to end clients.
- Current infrastructure: Cisco UCS compute and network hardware
- Current Storage: EMC and NetApp solutions
- Current Virtualization: ESX tools
- MS Sharepoint
- Conducted workshops and surveys to assess the current state of infrastructure, processes, teams, and costs
- Developed a prioritization framework to balance requirements against near-term focus and long-term objectives
- Recommended process improvements, frameworks, and training to remediate gaps across key focus areas
- Presented options for scaling - private fully shared, affiliate dedicated and shared-captive hybrid
- Determined the recommended approach using parameters like compliance, organizational readiness, charge back models, and automation scope
- Understood core services and models to enable automated fulfillment
- Designed processes with shared responsibility to provide data between requesters and fulfillers