A not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting patient safety by enhancing provider quality in the field of nurse anesthesia through development and implementation of credentialing programs, experienced difficulty in accessing and trusting their data, which primarily revolved around the nurse population and test results.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
- Creating reports for consumption was a difficult process for the average user, and as a result, they had to rely on third-party Aptify consultants to simply pull data they wanted to see. Multiple variations of the same reports had been created over time, and different users were utilizing different reports. Client wanted to centralize their data to ensure its integrity as well as make it easily accessible and consumable for end-users. The client was seeking the ability to integrate and analyze test-item data with their nurse and exam-level data, which they had never done before, and which was not possible in Aptify’s ERP solution environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016, SSIS, Microsoft Azure and Tableau (Desktop, Online, Bridge)
Trianz adopted a two-phased approach for providing a “Lean EDW” solution with Tableau reporting capabilities.
- The first phase involved the build and implementation of a Microsoft SQL Server EDW that was configured in a Microsoft Azure environment. Tableau Bridge was used to allow automated refreshes, as the underlying data was hosted in a private environment in Azure. Subject area-based views were created to facilitate intuitive querying and reporting capabilities. Initially, Despite initial consideration Trianz implemented a new EDW due to the need to integrate item-level test data from separate third-party testing vendors.
- The second phase involves incorporating test item-level data into the EDW. This data was sourced from two primary vendors, Pearson Vue and Castle. No enterprise-level dashboards were built during this phase, but weekly Tableau training sessions were held for all Tableau users to encourage ad-hoc analysis and self-service analytics.
- Enhanced the ability of all users to easily access trustworthy and validated Aptify data – both with pre-built dashboards as well as ad-hoc analysis. Users could now dig into this data in ways they never had accesses before without relying on others to access it.
- Improved the ability to look at individual test questions and results, and tie these back to individuals, education programs, geographical regions, or look at them across all test takers.