IMPLEMENTING MDM TO BOOST CUSTOMER SERVICE
A Fortune 100 insurance company partnered with Trianz to implement CDI to obtain a 360° customer view (master data management - MDM) and derive meaningful insights. As part of the engagement, Trianz and Informatica together developed a CDI Hub which loads and remediates customers’ information from multiple sources to base objects. In addition, the partnership developed interfaces for the CDI Hub to interact with the source and downstream applications.
The MDM platform manages customer-related reference data in each source and addresses data accuracy and quality issues, reducing manual effort and saving time.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
- Implement a master data management platform to reduce the time and manual effort needed for analyzing and rectifying the accuracy, quality, and management of customer data obtained from different sources.
- Informatica ETL and MDM
- Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle 11g, Teradata
- Reviewed data governance and organizational standards and policies
- Defined data management strategy for current and future organizational needs
- Analyzed source systems and captured detailed requirements
- Architected CDI solution, defined interfaces, and designed data model
- Created CDI Hub to load data 24x7 from source to base objects
- Standardized and cleansed data
- Applied match rules and automated match and merge process
- Developed interfaces for CDI Hub to source and downstream applications
- Established MDM governance and new/ key roles essential for successful execution
- Enabled holistic customer record view which was integrated back to the source system
- Streamlined process for maintaining and updating customers’ information
- Improved representation of customer information
- Generated cross-sell opportunities