MIGRATING FROM a private DATA CENTER TO AWS
An Indian FMCG company’s SAP solution was hosted on datacentre of a large internet solution providers. The client engaged Trianz to move its workload from existing data center to AWS.
- Trianz has executed the application stack migration using third party tool to replicate the application at block level of data from datacenter to AWS EC2 instance
- CloudTrail for audit trail purposes
- IAM for Role-Based Access Control
- VPC for hosting the solution
- Security groups for firewalling
- EC2 for compute
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
The client was experiencing issues with post-sales support, performance, and stability, with the existing service provider. Lack of documentation makes it difficult to understand the current deployment architecture. The client wanted to migrate to AWS through a tool with no manual intervention, at the same time maintaining existing security standards for data in transit over the internet.
- SAP implementation moved from Sify datacenter to AWS
- VPN setup replicated with AWS to adhere to current security standard
- AWS deployment documented