After months of analysis, discussion, and research, your business has decided upon a hybrid cloud infrastructure. A hybrid cloud implementation offers an excellent balance between cost, efficiency, and adaptability.
IT infrastructure is fast becoming the determining factor for both the quality of service and the overall efficiency of a business. When this infrastructure is changed, it opens up new possibilities for your business that fundamentally alter how your products, customers, and employees are supported.
Ensuring that your systems are compatible, run efficiently, and offer new functionality are all part of a successfully managed cloud services upgrade. This process will involve substantial investment in new hardware and software, meaning proper planning is needed to maximize your return on investment. In the end, you want your hybrid cloud to be:
- Agile enough to allow you to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Easily accessible, with robust security such as Two Factor Authentication.
- Scalable, allowing you to expand your storage or processing power as you grow.
Get some assistance with planning your hybrid cloud by working with an expert managed services provider like Trianz.
What is Hybrid Cloud?
The Hybrid Cloud involves the use of both on-premise and cloud-based servers in your IT service offering.
Using the cloud can be an excellent choice for businesses in the midst of upgrading their IT infrastructure. New system development can take place in the cloud, while older legacy systems are kept operational using on-premise hardware.
Some businesses may also choose to continue using on-premise hardware, for better latency and bandwidth when using resource-heavy software. This includes virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) software and unstructured databases which run much better in an ultra-low latency environment.
What is Hybrid Cloud Managed Services?
A Hybrid Cloud Managed Service offers help when planning, implementing, and maintaining a new IT infrastructure.
There are many challenges to overcome when undergoing an IT transformation. An expert hybrid cloud managed services provider will analyze aspects of your business, such as:
- The effectiveness of corporate governance, to advise you on how to keep bureaucracy low and efficiency high.
- How effectively money is currently spent on IT infrastructure, and cuts/investments you should make. This can also help you to determine whether the hybrid cloud is a worthwhile investment.
- Potential security risks when connecting an on-premise and cloud network.
- Your level of service integration, and improvements that could be made during the upgrade process to facilitate better cross-compatibility between your businesses existing software packages. This can be achieved with the ServiceNow platform, of which Trianz is a leading, authorized platform implementation partner.
- Taking advantage of automation functionality to reduce DevOps product timelines and expedite the product development process.
Proper compliance with regulations is vital for a business and goes hand in hand with general IT security. Trianz is an accredited PCI-DSS service provider, who can help you plan and implement changes to achieve PCI-DSS compliance.
For any business handling credit or debit card information, compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) is mandatory. PCI-DSS aims to mitigate the risk of data loss through 12 individual requirements, which can be grouped under the following criteria:
- A foundationally secure IT infrastructure, with demonstrably comprehensive security auditing and administration.
- Proper handling of sensitive details, such as card numbers, CVV’s etc. As a minimum, AES 128, RSA 1024, and Triple DES encryption methods should be used to achieve compliance with PCI-DSS.
- A vulnerability management program should be in place, to allow for proactive mitigation of risks when updating your systems.
- Stringent monitoring of both user and application access to your systems is needed to achieve PCI-DSS compliance. This helps to prevent backdoor access to your systems, and misuse of account permissions by employees and end-users.
- Scheduled penetration tests should be completed, to identify backdoors and further secure your IT network. It’s also a good idea to have a 24/7 monitoring solution in place that offers automated security alerts.
- Develop and implement a corporate information security policy, so you can effectively communicate data security best-practices to your employees.
The Trianz Approach
The expert team of consultants at Trianz is well-versed in analyzing the composition of a business, to figure out the best-tailored approach for you when implementing a hybrid cloud model.
Our cloud operations team provides 24/7 support across the Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. This is done through our cloud management platform, Concierto.Cloud, which integrates seamlessly with the existing ITSM platform you use, allowing for responsive, comprehensive support when you need it.
By working with department heads across your business, we can help you to map predictable business outcomes and estimate return on investment in your IT operations. This heavy focus on cost-effective ITSM has helped our clients to save up to 40% on their monthly IT expenses by using industry best practices and all-in-one solutions.
Security is at the heart of everything we do at Trianz. We use a lightweight bastion multi-factor authentication host called ARXWAY, which connects our systems to your cloud instances through our virtual private network (VPN), ensuring the security of your data-in-transit. You can find out more about the EC2 version of the ARXWAY software here.
Finally, existing software licenses can be easily transferred over to your new IT operation. If you wish to use an out-of-box bundle, you can cover all your operational needs with a single-bill payment model.
Trianz takes pride in the human-first, business-centric approach our consultants have. With expert knowledge and industry experience, you will benefit from our:
- Ability to determine whether your services are Cloud-Native, or Cloud-Agnostic, or mixed
- Award-Winning, IP-based cloud management platform: Concierto.Cloud
- Multi-Factor authentication and VPN-enabled ARXWAY bastion host, available on the AWS Marketplace
- Bring-your-own-license (BYOL)
- Cloud-service provider (CSP) models and templates for Azure and AWS, which allow test instances to be spun up quickly
- Emphasis on security, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Orchestration Engine, and self-service model expertise
Trianz is one of the few global AWS partners who bring in the operational maturity, technical expertise and proprietary software necessary for protecting sensitive regulated data in the hybrid cloud environment. Annually Trianz undergo multiple 3rd party audits and its AWS Managed Services are certified in SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS.
Take the next step in your hybrid cloud journey and consult with Trianz today, by visiting trianz.com/cloud.