In the data-sensitive modern age, security should be at the forefront of every business’s IT strategy. With massive quantities of information being transmitted across the internet, there can be severe repercussions for companies that neglect best practices when it comes to cybersecurity.
Data is now predominantly stored in the cloud, thanks to the steady growth of cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). In a study sponsored by the storage company Seagate, it was estimated that 175 zettabytes (175 trillion gigabytes) would be stored across cloud and on-premise datacenters by 2025. All this data will need to be securely stored, which is exactly what a Cloud Security Managed Service can help you do.
What is a Cloud Security Managed Service?
A Cloud Security Managed Service is a type of cloud management provision that offloads security monitoring, reporting, and technical support to an external provider. Employing this type of service means that internal IT teams have more time to focus on new business developments, while an outside expert team manages all aspects of cloud cybersecurity for your company.
Cloud Cybersecurity Challenges
The cloud has completely changed how businesses manage their network security. There are many new challenges that require significant expertise to ensure compliance with security best practices.
Some of these include:
- Security Compliance is incredibly important in the cloud, with regulations such as HIPPA, GDPR, and PCI-DSS offering a framework for network security. Your team may not have the correct training or expertise to fully comply with these regulations, resulting in sanctions if protocol is improperly followed.
- The Multi-Cloud requires significant administration and development expertise within the Azure and AWS ecosystems. To cultivate this expertise in-house, you would need to invest heavily in staff development, with the additional loss of a valuable team member during that training period.
- Traditional Security Solutions operate differently to ones in the cloud. For the uninitiated, the cloud’s automatic scan reporting could cause alarm due to false positives. On the flip side, without the correct skillsets, your staff could compromise your network security by misconfiguring it. The cloud allows you to automate security actions, meaning a malicious file could be incorrectly flagged as safe without careful management, exposing your network to attackers.
Mastering Cloud Security with Trianz
Trianz is a leading IT services and consultancy firm, which offers comprehensive Cloud Security Managed Services to its clients. We base our approach on decades of experience in the IT industry, and pay particular attention to the following:
- Scalability – Our expert consultants leverage the functionality present in leading cloud security tools, allowing for the automation of incident reports and scaling of SecOps as your cloud network expands.
- Agile – Trianz has a tremendous working knowledge of security industry best-practices and cloud adoption frameworks, making it possible to tailor a curated Managed Security plan suited to your business needs. Our cloud-agnostic approach means we can offer Security Managed services across all popular public cloud platforms.
- Flexible – We fully support the use of open-source tools and allow you to bring your proprietary tools to the cloud. Existing software licenses can be easily transferred, saving you money on your new Security Managed Services package.
- Effective – Using powerful SecOps tools, we can generate a bird’s eye view of your network. This allows us to offer comprehensive security management for your business. At every point throughout the consultation, we will perform acute analysis, recommending actionable changes that fit into your existing IT strategy. On top of this, Trianz can develop a plan of action to implement new functionality, ensuring that you are on the bleeding edge of security in the cloud.
- Compliant – Adherence to security regulations can help you protect your data and avoid hefty fines. Our expertise ensures that you are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Health Insurance Portability and Protection Act (HIPPA), National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Trianz Security Managed Services
Trianz is a leading IT services and consultancy firm with more than a decade of experience helping businesses improve their IT services. Our Cloud Security Managed Services are among the best in the industry, thanks to regular 3rd party security audits that certify us in SOC-1, SOC-2, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS implementation.
We offer a range of consultancy services, helping businesses take their first step towards a cloud-based future. Our service partners provide a variety of products, which we can leverage to implement either a hybrid-cloud or full-cloud migration for your business.
If you need help with managed security services, be sure to get in touch with Trianz team via the form on this page.