Supporting and maintaining legacy software and hardware takes up a large portion of IT department resources, which could be better used elsewhere. This considerable support requirement is also one of the things stopping businesses from upgrading their existing IT services, as they don’t have enough time for development.
Trianz is an authorized, specialized partner and reseller of ServiceNow, a leading IT service management (ITSM) tool. ServiceNow adheres to guidelines laid out in the IT infrastructure library (ITIL), helping businesses transform and migrate their services to the cloud. It doesn’t matter if you’re a small or large business, as anyone can benefit from using the ServiceNow platform.
What is ServiceNow?
Why should you consider ServiceNow?
ServiceNow can significantly reduce the complexity of updating your existing IT systems. If you are still using legacy systems, you may already be aware of the following issues:
- Inefficient Work Processes – The majority of legacy software packages completely lack any form of workflow automation. This can significantly reduce workforce efficiency, as so much time is spent manually inputting information. ServiceNow can help you implement workflow automation functions, reducing the need for mundane administrative tasks across your business.
- Software Incompatibility – If you’re using a range of legacy software applications, you may discover compatibility issues that interrupt data sharing across your business. While compatibility issues may completely stop a program from being used; incompatibility can also manifest in the form of resource-hogging by applications on your network. These legacy applications may have memory leaks and could even cause system interruptions, which will start bottlenecking your servers.
- Decentralization and Increased Costs – Many businesses do not have a centralized location for their IT operations. One of the benefits when operating in the cloud is a reduction in the total cost of ownership (TCO). Consider using Microsoft’s Total Cost of Ownership calculator to determine this value. If you decide to consult with Trianz, we also have a proprietary TCO calculator that you can utilize.
There are many things to consider when calculating the TCO for your IT infrastructure, including:
- The cost of purchasing new hardware to meet computational demands
- The potential cost of replacement hardware, and the resulting downtime, on your business
- How much time IT staff spend on specific administrative tasks with your on-premises deployment
- The cost of licensing for things like databases, server operating systems, cybersecurity (antivirus, firewall, anti-ransomware), and other vital business software packages you use
The Trianz ServiceNow Quick Start Package
If you are struggling with legacy software and hardware, then Trianz and ServiceNow can help you to overcome these issues. The ServiceNow platform is capable of granting your business complete control over your existing ITSM environment, allowing you to shift your focus onto more critical IT development.
ServiceNow offers a range of service modules, providing valuable insight into the critical aspects of your day-to-day business operations. These can include:
- Incident Monitoring – This allows you to trigger email alerts, automate the prioritization and categorization of service requests, and use reporting functionality to monitor, track, and analyze service levels.
- Asset Management – Real-time scanning of your network can automate the population of hardware inventories, reducing the administrative burden on your IT department.
- Configuration Management Database – Similar to asset management, a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) allows you to have an accurate picture of your hardware configuration data. This allows for automated alerts when a device is not compliant with your IT policy, allowing a quick resolution before problems occur.
- User Management – allows you to control what users can do within an instance of ServiceNow using the User Management module. This module functions similarly to Active Directory, and can easily import data from your existing directory service.
Trianz has worked with hundreds of businesses, helping them to implement ServiceNow into their business IT operation. By working with Trianz and ServiceNow, you could completely transform the state of your IT operations within 60 days. With deep service management execution experience, Trianz has achieved a 100% client success rate over the last decade.
Get in touch with Trianz using the form below to start planning your seamless migration to the ServiceNow platform.