Last updated date: 17th September 2019
Trianz is committed to protecting your personal and sensitive data by:
- Acting in a lawful, fair and transparent manner;
- Using the data collected for the intended purpose only;
- Storing your Personal Data no longer than is necessary;
- Protecting confidentiality, integrity and accuracy of the data captured;
- Safeguarding anonymity of the Personal Data by using appropriate technical and organizational measures;
- Ensuring data privacy rights of the data subjects are in accordance with legitimate business rights and data privacy regulations; and
- Holding ourselves accountable and compliant with data privacy regulations.
- Key Definitions “Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Trianz (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of Trianz or any other person in respect of an individual.
- Trianz, hereafter known as "us," "we," or "our," operates the trianz.com website (the “Website”).
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about Trianz’ handling of your Personal Data, or about this Policy, please contact us using the following contact information:
Our Contact Information
2350 Mission College Blvd., Suite 1250, Santa Clara, CA 95054
We are usually able to resolve privacy questions or concerns promptly and effectively. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy Team, you may escalate concerns to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction. Upon request, Trianz’ Privacy Team will provide you with the contact information for that regulator.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
When you visit the Website either as a prospective Client or prospective Employee, we will collect and process the following Personal Data and other information about you from the following places:
- Directly from you;
- From other sources like Networking sites, Job portals etc; and
- When we generate it ourselves.
Such information may include (by way of non-exhaustive list):
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Phone number;
- Address, state, province, city, zip/ postal code;
- Cookies data (including data about the services you use and how to use them which may include device-specific information);
- Usage data on how the Website is being browsed and used, including diagnostic data such as your browser application, browser version, pages visited, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, date and time of visit, time spent on individual pages, and device accessed from; and
- Data that you submit when filling out forms on our Website, including information that you may provide when inquiring about our services, downloading collaterals, signing up for events, providing feedback, or when participating in our opinion surveys.
- Data that you submit when filling out forms on our Website, including information that you may provide for your career at our Company
We use your Personal Data for various purposes which includes:
- To understand your needs and interests;
- For the management and administration of our business;
- Updating you on the trends and topics of your interest that you have opted in
- Customizing topics of interest based on your site visit preferences;
- Detecting, preventing and addressing technical issues to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system;
- To allow you to use and access the functionality provided by the Website;
- To communicate with you in in response to queries submitted via online forms on the Website;
- To send marketing alerts on our offers and services
- Monitoring the Website performance and fine-tuning our offerings; and
- Analyzing information to improve the Website.
- Allow prospective employees to apply for jobs
Lawful Basis for Processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. we rely primarily on legitimate interests and you have the right to object or opt-out. If you have any questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org
When we use Personal Data we make sure that the usage complies with law, and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include:
- We have obtained your consent where it is necessary;
- We have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- We may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings; and
- The use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- Allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
- Maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Direct marketing;
- Monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials; and
- Offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems.
If you choose to share your Personal Data through our Website, we may collect, store, transfer (including cross-border, third party), process, report, retain and remove your Personal Data at a location outside of your home country.
We may share your Personal Data within the Trianz group of companies for the purposes described above. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data in the circumstances outlined below:
- In order to comply with a legal and regulatory obligations;
- Investigate any possible misconduct in connection with the Website;
- Defend and protect the rights and properties of Trianz;
- As part of a transaction, financing, or for other business needs;
- If Trianz or any of its affiliates, divisions or other segments is acquired by a third party, in which case the Personal Data held by Trianz about you will be accessible to the third party buyer.
Links to Other Sites
Security of your personal and sensitive data is important to us. We are compliant to ISO27001:2013, SOC1 and SOC2 Trust Principles. We leverage on these standards and control frameworks enabled by the technology to provide a secure environment for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) of our internal systems’, clients’ and Website visitors’ data. As a condition of employment, Trianz employees are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to Personal Data is limited to those employees who need to it to perform their roles. Unauthorised use or disclosure of confidential client information by a Trianz employee is prohibited and may result in disciplinary measures.
EU Data Protection Laws
Where EU data protection laws apply, the provisions in this section will apply in addition to the general provisions set out above.
Pursuant to EU data protection laws Trianz is the controller of your Personal Data collected and processed via the Website.
For how long Trianz will hold your Personal Data will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- Trianz is required to retain the Personal Data for as long as is necessary to satisfy or meet the purpose for which it was obtained or any other legal purpose. Legal obligations: Laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which Trianz must retain your Personal Data.
- Retention schedules are arrived based on the above mentioned criteria and hence disposal of data will follow defined retention schedules.
Where we transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of Europe, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- The recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- Where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside Europe.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Data when it is transferred outside Europe (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your Personal Data) by contacting us using the details below.
In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
- The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- The right to withdraw your given consent wherever applicable to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have a legal obligation to do so;
- In some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and or or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Trianz;
- The right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- The right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but there might be legal grounds to refuse that request; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- Since there is no automated decision making process, this right to object to automated decision making process is inapplicable
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Website is not intended for anyone under the age of 13 ("Children"). If you get to know that your Children has provided their Personal Data to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take necessary steps to remove the information.