ASSESSING IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
The client is a Fortune 500 engineering services company that specializes in providing best-in-class architecture, construction, operations, and maintenance services. A recent acquisition by the client led to a highly decentralized and inefficient IT environment that was impacting profitability. The existing ITSM application (ServiceNow) was underutilized, and there was a deficiency in the effectiveness of service management processes. Further, a lack of automation and self-service capabilities was resulting in excessive IT spend and sub-optimal outcomes.
The client partnered with Trianz to review its overall ITSM framework. With its unique phased approach, Trianz assessed the client’s existing ITSM landscape, including all its hardware and software assets, and accurately laid out the findings, observations, issues and gaps, in addition to the solutions and fixes for each area. Trianz ascertained the gaps and made recommendations that were aligned with ITIL standards and industry best practices. Our solutions helped the client prioritize tasks to effectively and efficiently leverage the full potential of the ServiceNow application.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
In view of a recent acquisition and outdated processes, the client wanted to assess its then-existing IT Service Management solution and address potential gaps in the current implementation.
- Assessment phase: During this phase, Trianz’ team of experts analyzed the client’s ServiceNow environment, ITSM applications, hardware and software assets, CMDB and discovery, service catalog and integrations.
- Solution phase: In this phase, the findings were documented through a detailed gap analysis report. Also, the solutions were classified into short- and long-term remediation goals to tap the complete potential of the ServiceNow application.
- Positioned IT as a strategic partner to proactively addressing business issues/ needs
- Improved internal customer experience and satisfaction by enabling self-service and customer satisfaction surveys
- Reduced IT spend by enabling integrated hardware and software asset management
Aligned key service management processes as per ITIL v3 taxonomy and industry best practices Improved service delivery and reduced mean time to repair (MTTR)