Data Warehouse Reporting Architecture Planning, Report Design and Development
The Indiana based client, an internationally recognized leader in higher education, required financial reports to audit the implementation of a new ERP system and to provide much needed visibility into the finances of the University.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
- As part the implementation of an ERP application the University embarked on the development of a financial reporting capability.
- The design and development of the phase one reporting architecture was critical for
- the auditing of the financial information being moved into the new ERP environment and
- provided long sought financial reporting capabilities needed for planning and operations.
- The audience for the initial roll-out of the reporting environment included the President of the University, the Controllers office, auditors and financial planners.
- Oracle 11i & Business Objects
- Working closely with the Universities staff, Trianz led the planning, design, development of a Business Objects reporting environment. This being the first iteration of reports utilizing a new data structure, Trianz assisted in the overall performance turning of the environment, design of the BO reporting Universes, layout of the reports, development, user acceptance and implementation turnover.
- The architecture and process Trianz designed and implemented and transferred to the University staff will be used to implement other reporting applications as well.