A leading vehicle rental provider (operates multiple car rental brands in nearly 10,000 corporate and franchisee locations across the globe) was finding it difficult to seamlessly roll out patch management across its 3,000-plus locations. Inadequate asset discovery and management, authorized assets management and license compliance management, besides network congestion and poor network performance were some of the other problems the company was experiencing.
Trianz successfully replaced the company’s then-existing SCCM with BigFix to eventually deliver a comprehensive Endpoint Management Platform.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
The organization needed to streamline its asset management process, make patch management rollout seamless, bring all its authorized assets under a single umbrella for effective service management, introduce license compliance management, and remove network congestion to improve network performance.
- IBM BigFix 18.104.22.168
- BigFix Inventory 22.214.171.124
- Installed BigFix 126.96.36.199 and IBM BigFix Inventory 188.8.131.52
- Installed NMAP scan for network discovery and managing network inventory
- Deployed IBM BigFix Inventory
- Configured Relay Affiliation (a more sophisticated control system for automatic relay selection) for better endpoint management
- Configured Tivoli Remote Controller, OS Deployment, Power Management and MaaS360
- Configured Lifecycle Management, Patch Management (Windows, AIX, Linux), Security Compliance Management
- Provided steady state support for IBM BigFix and its related/ integrated tools
- Maintained KEDB, usage of technical and process SOPs
- Reproduced best practices and recommendations
- Provided lucrative solutions after understanding the big picture and post meticulous