Tier 1 Insurance Company in the US
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
- Missing organized File management.
- Redundant activities for users like maintaining naming conventions, meta data etc., for the reports that belongs to the clients for every month and quarter.
- Increased work load for users to track the files properly and sending mails to the clients for every month and quarter.
- No proper tracking about the missing files that needs to be sent to clients in time for review.
- Missing summary information about the files that were sent to the client.
SharePoint 2010, C#.
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 is used as a collaborate platform for users to store their information and access it in a secured manner.
- Leveraged the SharePoint document library features to store documents in an organized manner and maintain them in a proper file naming convention based on meta data.
- Provided summary information based on the client and the month, on the document library for the users which helps to identify the files that needs to be shared with the clients and to send alerts to the content editors based on missing files.
- Automating the redundant activities such as monthly mails and due date alerts using windows services helps the users to get rid of Mundane tasks.
- Leveraged ribbon architecture in SharePoint 2010 to provide UI for the users to send mails along with reports from the application is just like sending the mails from outlook and lotus notes.