Enabling Cloud Automation Infrastructure
TSYS is a leading provider of payment processing, merchant, and related payment services to financial and nonfinancial institutions. The aim was to build a reliable technology infrastructure to facilitate automation, decrease the cost of operations, minimize the downtime, enhance security infrastructure, improve network scalability and performance.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) was chosen to fulfill its requirements after a rigorous review process, and Trianz was the partner for executing the same. The combination of a cloud agnostics automation process and agile methodology helped track and achieve day-to-day deliverables while complying with the industry best practices. Opting AWS helped the client achieved continuous delivery through built-in DevOps capabilities, in addition to integration with Jenkins and platforms/ tools identified and leveraged by it within cloud deployment. The project helped in streamlining the new hire onboarding process, auto-routing those requests, reducing manual effort, integration of on-premise cost model tool on Cloud using tagging technology, and enhanced visibility into software-hardware allocations and capacity monitoring.
Select the plus signs for more information.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
The organization needed to build a dependable, robust and secure technology infrastructure that could:
- Facilitate script automation to eliminate manual process-related errors
- Reduce the cost of operations, as need for bandwidth means more complexity and increased operational expense
- Minimize downtime to prevent revenue loss, as network outages significantly disrupt business operations, adversely impacting customer loyalty
- Protect enterprise data to tackle the ever-increasing threat of cyber-attacks and data breaches incidents
- Scale the network to equip it for future ‘on demand’ growth needed to manage changes in real time
- Enhance network performance through agile applications that can handle dynamic bandwidth needs and network topology changes
- AWS, Jira 7, Splunk, Git bucket, Jenkins
- Adopted Agile methodology to track and achieve day-to-day deliverables
- Created POC for multiple cloud framework models to meet business requirements for multiple line of business
- Developed Cloud agnostics automation process (Infrastructure as a Code) through scripts like Terraform, Python, Cloud formation, etc | Improved deliverables’ efficiency, monitoring and infrastructure management
- Enabled continuous delivery with built-in DevOps capabilities; integration with Jenkins and platforms/ tools identified and leveraged by client within cloud deployment
- Guided client on implementing industry best practices while meeting deliverables’ timelines
- Periodically reviewed architecture and provided necessary feedback towards (cost) optimization as per best practices and industry recommendations
- Provided portal login and cloud support portal to help the client raise support requests and have access to relevant information about the supported environment
- Streamlined new hire onboarding process using a single self-service offering and auto routing of those requests, reducing manual effort
- Implemented Enterprise Splunk on Cloud
- Integrated on-premise cost model tool (Apptio) on Cloud using tagging technology
- Enhanced visibility to software-hardware allocations and capacity monitoring