HARNESSING Software Asset Management EFFECTIVELY TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL
Select the plus signs for more information.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
The company needed to utilize its asset management function to its fullest potential, in addition to creating software compliance results and implement industry best practices for Software Asset Management (SAM).
- BDNA Discover
- Process Engineering: Developed and implemented asset and configuration management process based on a best practices framework
- Solution Architecture: Designed, developed and implemented ServiceNow configuration, asset management (hardware and software) and integration between ServiceNow and other sources to bring configuration and asset data
- Implemented ITIL process for configuration management to remove the gaps in the existing process|Improved service management efficiency by 25%
- Provided thought leadership in driving efficiency and best practices
- Developed and implemented repeatable process, reducing administrative overheads
- Established better visibility from other ITSM applications into all the CIs and its contractual information
- Reduced high levels of customization in asset management process | Replaced with out-of-the-box functionality in ServiceNow throughout the lifecycle of a CI and its relationships
- Captured in-depth details of all critical assets (including hardware and software) by integrating ServiceNow using BDNA Discover
- Provided various reports to help the organization identify the software contract information sources, including number of licenses (rights) owned, the usage of the licenses, and the compliance levels
- Enabled proactive SAM
- Conducted periodic workshops on software/ hardware asset management with organization’s IT and business teams