A reputed university in the US looking for a new series of computing systems to replace its legacy environment. It needed to develop best practice solutions and strategies to provide timely and accurate access to information to track and manage registration, financial aid, grades, grants, purchases, and staff compensation.
The Business Challenge
The university required analytical capabilities and skills to facilitate information access, reporting, analysis and distribution and replace its legacy environment that used a set of paper reports from siloed legacy systems that were often untimely and contained conflicting data.
- Oracle, BusinessObjects, Cognos and Informatica.
- Trianz was engaged by the university to develop the overall strategy of the future business intelligence environment, plan the rollout of the program and assist the university staff with the development, testing, training and implementation of the solution.
- Trianz worked with the management of the university to determine a top-down business strategy that was then decomposed into the business, data, technical, application, organization and process requirements.
- Trianz assisted the university in selecting the proper toolsets, trained staff on BI/ DW best practices and drove the development while mentoring the staff through implementation.
- Assisted the university in developing their governance, processes and organization while implementing the Business Intelligence solution serving several hundred users and 70,000 students executing thousands of queries in the areas of registration, operations, financial analysis and planning.