A premier Catholic university rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions, wanted to implement an information management environment that could provide user-friendly data reports and analyses.
The Business Challenge
- The University wanted to implement an information management environment to facilitate a culture of fact-based data analysis by providing easy and timely access to accurate and user-friendly data reports and analyses.
- This information would support both strategic and tactical analysis, decision making and planning at all levels of University operations.
- SQL Server, Oracle & Business Objects
- Trianz was engaged to assist the University’s Information Technology, Institutional Research and several other departments by leading the planning, design and deployment of a data warehouse and business intelligence architecture.
- Initially, the University engaged Trianz to design a student data mart, but strong project success resulted in an expansion of scope to take a step back and look across the entire University’s information needs and rapidly deploy a strategy for a coherent and tightly coupled data architecture
- The next tactical projects focused on the design and build of a faculty data mart and reengineering ETL routines while beginning to grow the enterprise data warehouse.
- Future plans include addressing other areas of the University that demand better information access including: alumni, advancement & development and student records.